Make Your Bathroom Look Bigger
Bathroom Remodeling Tips: Make the Space Look Bigger
When you’re limited on space in the bathroom, there are plenty of ways you can make the bathroom appear open and bright. These are all things that you will want to keep in mind when you’re remodeling your bathroom.
- Use the Same Color Grout as Tile – There can be a slight difference in color, but you don’t want it to be too drastic. If the color is the same, it will help create a brighter bathroom.
- Use Larger Tiles – If you use larger tiles rather than smaller tiles, you will create the appearance of a big, open bathroom. This is because there is less grout, which reduces the number of lines that appear on the bathroom floor.
- Build Recessed Cubbies – When done right, these can be exceptionally elegant and create room for towels, décor, etc., without taking up room in the bathroom. These can be particularly helpful near the sink where there is limited counter space.
- Paint an Accent Wall – To create the illusion of an expanded bathroom, paint the end wall a bright, vivid color. Plus, it’s a great way to bring some of your personality into the bathroom without overdoing it.
- Use Large Mirrors – The smaller the room, the larger the mirror(s) that you need. Behind the sink, choose a mirror that goes from the counter to the ceiling. This helps to create the illusion of tall walls while also creating a much brighter space because of the amount of light that will bounce off of the mirrors.
- Use the Same Color on the Ceiling as the Walls – When painting the bathroom, make sure that your ceiling color is the same as the walls. If you decide to opt for a different ceiling color – particularly a darker color – you will create the illusion of a low bathroom. This then equates to a smaller bathroom. With the walls and ceiling the same color, the eye will be able to travel throughout the bathroom effortlessly allowing the space to visually expand.